Written (knowledge) test- $30.00 for first two attempts.
Skills Driving Test- $50.00
-Call for appointment 360-462-3103
Washington Driver Education Center 101 (WADEC101) now provides the Department of Licensing (DOL) Knowledge and Skills exams.
- Call for appointment
-Call for appointment
1. Knowledge Exams $30 for first two attempts
2. Fee to retake Knowledge Exam $30
3. Skills exam $50
4. Skills exam using school car $70
5. 30min Warm-up lesson $50.00 This is a private drive lesson with a state certified instructor/examiner. This includes the use of an instruction vehicle. Driver must have a VALID permit to schedule drive.
6. Cancellation and Rescheduling policy for Skill test and Lessons We are happy to reschedule with a 24-hour notice. Lessons/Exams must be taken within 3 months of payment. Failure to show up for a lesson or exam or missing documents will result in a $20 fee for each 30min time slot booking.
7. We accept cash, check or credit card (extra fee of $4.00 for credit/debit transaction)
8. Once you start the Knowledge exam there will be no refunds. If you decide to not take the test WADEC101 will refund you back the total paid (minus extra fees if paid by credit card.)
1. The knowledge test consists of 40 questions and you will need 80% (32 correct answers) to pass. To practice for the knowledge exam, please visit http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/practicetest.html
2. The Skills exam will test the applicants’ ability to drive legally and safely. Applicants must pass with a score of 80 or better out of 100 possible points. If Applicant wants to review what is expected on the Skills exam, please visit… http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/drivingtest.html
3. Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) reserves the right to conduct random re-examinations: applicants refusing to take a re-examination may have their license revoked.
4. Exam results will be posted on the DOL site within 24hrs after the exam. You will have to visit the DOL office to apply for your license. Even if you have passed the Skills and Knowledge exams, the DOL will determine that you qualify for your license. If you are under the age of 18 you must have had your Instructional permit for 6 months with 50hrs of documented drive time with 10hrs of that at night and have passed a Traffic Safety School driving course.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
6. When taking the knowledge exam, the following rules will apply. A. no electronic devices are allowed including but not limited to phones, ipod (mp3 player). B. If you arrived with someone then they will need to wait in the waiting room while you take the test. C. If at anytime you are caught cheating the exam will be voided and reported to the DOL. D. no books or notes can be with you while taking the exam. E. Purses, Backpacks or any other type of bags will need to be stowed on the floor and cannot be accessed while taking the exam.
7. If you require an interpreter, you will need to call and make an appointment ahead of time, so we can find one that is WA State certified to use. We cannot use a family member or friend. This may also incur additional fees.
8. If you fail the Knowledge exam the first time you can retake the exam the same day.
9. At time of the knowledge and Skills exam you will need to provide some type of picture ID and your PIC number (Instructional Permit ID number) to verify who you are. If you do not have a PIC number, please visit https://secure.dol.wa.gov/home/newDriver.aspx
10. If you have a complaint or grievance, please contact Washington Driver Education Center 101 at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot resolve the complaint, then you will need to contact the DOL DTS program at 360-664-6692.
11. If you received a letter from DOL to take an examination or have a permanent or temporary condition (e.g. physical, mental, visual or any medical issue) that may impact your ability to drive, you must test at a DOL office. Failure to disclose this information prior to testing will result in your test not being honored at DOL to obtain your license and we will not refund the test fee.
12. Warm-up lessons require that you have a valid Drivers Permit, foreign license, or international license to schedule.
13. Skills exam require you to have a valid driver permit, foreign license, international license or PIC number (follow the link provided on line 9) so we can have you fill out a Temporary Authorization to Drive form.
14. If you are going to use your vehicle for the Skills Exam it must meet these requirements.
a) All brake lights must work (including the 3rd brake light)
b) All turn signals must work
c) Head lights must work
d) Seat belts must function and be used
e) License plates must be on front and back with current tabs on rear plate.
f) Current registration must be presented
g) A valid insurance card must be presented
h) Windshield must not be cracked or chipped in the line of vision
i) Tires must meet state requirements for tire tread (no bald tires)
j) If raining windshield wipers must function and defroster system must work properly to defog windows
k) Failure to meet these requirements at time of Skills exam can result in a rescheduling fee of $20.
15. Eligibility for Skills test. To test for a license by taking the Skills test and you are between 15 & 17 years old, you must have completed a Driver Education Course and received a Certificate of Completion.
Have a Instruction Permit
Must have passed the Washington State Knowledge Exam within the last 2yrs.
16. To test for a license by taking the Skills test and you are 18yrs or older you must have taken and passed the Washington State Knowledge Exam within the last 2yrs.
Please sign below acknowledging you have read and understood our testing policies.